You want modern hairstyles for short hair? Wondering what are the hit hairstyles this year and how to make a hairstyle for festive occasions? We have prepared all the answers for you.
In the outer layer of the skin, there are hair follicles that produce the keratin protein that makes up the hair.
As new cells are created, old cells are pushed through the skin and hair is formed. The average hair growth rate is about 6 inches per year
Short hair gives you the opportunity to recover your hair, if there is damage due to various treatments.
Worried if there are hairstyles for short hair?
Of course, there are many more than you think.
How to Get a Simple Hairstyle for Short Hair
Short hair is the length of hair that does not go over the shoulders.
A modern bob hairstyle is about the longest when it comes to short haircuts. Now you are wondering if there are hairstyles for short hair? Of course, there are. Even at that length you can weave a braid or make a fishbone.
Now is the ideal time for short hair. From lob (short bob) to bob, pixie, there are so many hairstyles for short hair, and besides, the hairstyles we mentioned are a complete hit this season.
Great movie stars have already chosen their look for the next season, and it is up to you to choose one of the simple hairstyles that we have selected for you.
Take into account whether your natural hair is thin, voluminous, wavy, or has natural curls. So, determine your hair type first. Check out which short haircut suits your face shape, and finally which hair color goes best with your new, modern look.
As long as your hair is short, the selection and the process of making a hairstyle is quick and easy.
Modern Short Hairstyles
Even if your hair is short, you can experiment so much on your head that you can have a new hairstyle for short hair for every day of the month. It’s up to your imagination and how free you are to try new trends on your head.
We have selected for you some of the hairstyles for short hair, regardless of whether your hair is straight, curly, or slightly wavy. The hairstyles we have chosen for you are hairstyles for short hair from the world’s catwalks.
- Swept to one side – Comb your hair to one side, left or right, add a retro look by slicking it to one side of your hair.
- Pixie bob – Pixie bob hairstyle is the latest hairstyle trend for women with short hair. They are perfectly modern and elegant, and go with every clothing combination, for any occasion.
- Buzz cut – The shaved head has never looked as cool as it does now. We do not mean completely shaved hair, but a minimum length. Kristen Stewart’s hairstyle is beautiful towards her round face, gently letting some small strand to the side, or towards the face.
- Small curls – Short hair does not always mean that it has to be straight hair – you can easily add a little liveliness to your hair with a product that will shape your curls even better.
- Sea waves – Hairstyle for short hair with waves, is it possible? Sea waves do not have to be reserved only for long hair – girls with short hair can also be ideal for waves. Whether you use a hair straightener or a curling iron, this is a simple style that you will easily achieve.
- Half up bun – You may think that this hairstyle is not for you, but it is actually perfect for anyone who only has a few minutes and wants to get a great looking hair. Lift half the hair into a bun and tie with a rubber band or hairpin. Let the rest of the hair fall out naturally.
Bonus: If you have thinner hair, this hairstyle gives volume to your hair
- Braid – A fun braid that goes over the top of your head, like wearing a ribbon, is an easy way to look attractive – or to cover up any unevenness if the root isn’t dyed.
- Fishbone – If there is one hairstyle that will never go out of fashion, then it is a fishbone. Simply from the top of your head, braid the bone, until you braid the whole hair, even though it is short. A hairstyle that is simple, and at the same time festive for any such occasion.
- Wavy bob – Do you have a wavy bob that you want to highlight? You can add gel or serum on the ends of the hair, to get the shine.
- Curlers for short hair – Want a beautiful look that is magnificent, wherever you appear, and for any time, morning or evening? Put curlers on your hair, and let your hair dry naturally. When the hair is dry, you can remove the curlers, and just shake the curls. Your short haircut is done. Simple, isn’t it?
- Hair full of curls – Naturally curly hair is perhaps the best for short hair, because it can simply be let loose on the head without special treatments, naturally falling out.
- Behind the ear – If you have a slightly longer pixie haircut, try this style on your head, which you can easily achieve. All you have to do is comb your hair and put it behind your ears.
- Parting in the middle and wavy hair – Lovely, sexy, full of volume, a hairstyle that you will simply divide by a parting in the middle of the head. Your waves will fall nicely on the sides, thus giving your bob hairstyle extra volume.
- Raised pixie – Just say Halle Berry, and you’ll know what hairstyle it is. Just add a little wax to your pixie hairstyle and the look will be fantastic.
- Slicked hair – The more you slick your short hair using gel or hair wax, the better you will look.
- Side swept waves – Comb your hair to one side, add a little waves for the volume. You can also add bangs to this hairstyle.
Your cheekbones come to the fore, so try to define them with a face blush.
- Volume – A common problem for women with short, straight hair is that the hair looks coarse, not shiny. Wash your hair, comb it, and then use a tapping comb to get the volume and the shine you need. You can also put a little hairspray so that the hairstyle lasts all day.
- Short and fixed – Celebrate your new hair color and texture. You can shorten the hair to a minimum length, but lift the ends, to make it look casual. Add hairspray if you are not sure that the hairstyle will last all day.
- Combing backward – This hairstyle is ideal for you, and you haven’t tried it yet – especially during the hot summer months. Simply comb your hair back. You can lift that front to get the volume.
- Short hair with a ribbon or hairpin – This short hairstyle is perfect for girls with short, thin hair, so you can take a headband and start curling your hair. You can also lift your hair with a hairpin.
- Asymmetric Pixie – This sexy one-sided style gives your whole look an extra dose of sexiness.
- Curls to the side – Just because you have short hair doesn’t mean you can’t wear fancy curls. The next time you prepare for a special night, make curls and transfer them to one side only.
- Straight short hair – Comb your hair straight and then comb it all forward for a cool look that perfectly highlights your face. If you have bangs, comb them towards your face.
- Braids – It looks quite complicated, but don’t worry – it only takes a little practice and it looks amazing and attractive. The braid is ideally braided on the side, on top or make two braids, as much as you can braid on your short hair.
Festive Hairstyles for Short Hair
If you are getting ready to go out or have a very important event for you, of course, you want to shine in full splendor. Festive hairstyles for short hair for these occasions will help you here. We have selected some of the trendiest ones, which go with all clothing combinations, for you.
- Buns – These hairstyles are always festive, either for long or short hair. You can simply lift your hair with a hairpin. If some hairs fall out from the side, fasten them with hairpins.
- Braids – Very attractive and it is not surprising that world celebrities choose these hairstyles for the red carpet. Just make one braid that will make you look like you have a hairband on your head.
- Sea waves – You can curl your hair with a curling iron or hair straightener. You can make a hairstyle quickly and easily, and it will be a perfect match for a festive occasion.
What Are the Best Colors for Short Hair
It is always an ideal time to change the color of your hair. If you are free and want to try something new, take tones from these beautiful blonde girls, brunettes, red shades, or strands.
- Bright and unnatural hair colors – simply, add some crazy color! Nothing will highlight your hairstyle better!
- Golden ombre – to get this ombre look, make sure you have a very subtle, gradual color change from the top of your head to the ends of your hair. You can start with a black shade on the roots, then all the way to the lightest tones at the ends.
- Orange – inner part of the orange, red color. This fiery look will make you feel very attractive and appealing.
- Bleached hair – although this color is very difficult to maintain, it definitely gives a visible change and a modern look.
- Tiger’s eye – this stunning look has shades of honey and brown. Anyone who wears this color combination will surely feel very desirable. Not only will you have a beautiful hair color, but it is so subtle as your hair grows, so you don’t have to worry about hair roots and demanding maintenance.
- Chocolate – an unexpected combination of brown and light pink is one of the most appreciated shades. This is a great way to get a modern look.
- Jewel tones – this look with more shades on the head is for ladies who are free and open to new trends. Try two, three hair colors, to begin with strands.
- Light blonde – this soft, light blonde tone is the perfect source of contrast for a dark winter wardrobe.
- Strawberry or rose color – if you want to experiment with red shades. Go ahead. A beautiful red option gives your short hair an attractive look.
- Light to light shade – dark brunettes can easily get this attractive look that has only a touch of gold. These shades in the hair look like the sun’s rays in the hair.
- Black – if you have a lighter shade on your head for a long time, try darker tones. Black short hair is very attractive, especially if your hair is naturally curly.
- Short blonde hair – blonde short hairstyle with darker roots always gives the effect of fuller hair, which can be especially emphasized on a short bob hairstyle with bangs on the side. This color looks absolutely beautiful.
- Ombre with curls – if you have curls, the ombre looks especially nice at that length. Your root is darker, while the curls themselves have a lighter shade.
Short Hair Care
Maintaining your hair is relatively easy with the right care and choosing the best hair products.
- Wash your hair with a quality shampoo – here it is important to choose shampoos without sulfates and parabens, because they nourish the hair, without any damage.
- Excessive washing of the hair can leave the hair dry, rinsing off its natural oils and can damage the hair. Try to wash your hair at most every other day or only twice a week. Washing every day is not recommended.
- Use hair care products bought in specialized stores or you can make a great natural solution at home. Keep your hair soft, healthy and hydrated.
Be careful not to use hair care products with too much protein. Too much protein can further dry out your hair, and make it even more brittle.
Try not to use hair blow-drying often, avoid curling iron, or hair straightener. Healthy short hair does not react well to the heat. Short hair dries quickly naturally, without any hot appliances.
If you must use a hairdryer, dry your hair at the lowest temperature and limit its use to once a week.