Would you like to get rid of cellulite, but without needles, scalpels, and pain? You don’t know how? Get to know LPG treatment and Lipomassage that will help you get rid of stubborn cellulite forever.
How LPG treatment is performed, in which cases and areas it is applied, for whom it is intended, what are the experiences of those who have tried it on their own skin, and of course, how much it costs, find out in the lines below.
Today, there is almost no woman who has not encountered cellulite, to a greater or lesser extent. Cellulite does not only appear in people who have problems with excess weight, but can also be seen in “thin people”. You can reduce your body weight and bring it to the desired state, but cellulite and “orange peel” stay with you despite anti cellulite diets and exhausting exercises.
Endermology involves the treatment of existing cellulite in order to reduce and eliminate it and prevent the formation of new cellulite.
Endermology involves massaging, breaking down, and sucking out of existing fat layers towards the surface of the skin, and the process by which all this is achieved is called LPG treatment or lipomassage.
What Is Lpg Treatment or Lipomassage?
LPG treatment is a 100% natural, non-invasive, non-aggressive method of mechanical stimulation of the skin and connective tissue, in the form of deep massage, which reactivates or restarts cellular activity. The LPG method is adapted and suitable for any skin type, and its main advantage is that it is focused on specific parts of the body that are resistant to any type of anti cellulite diet or exercise (such as arms, back, abdomen, waist, thighs …).
Massage is performed using an LPG device – a device that has two rotating rollers and a vacuum probe that affects the deep layers of fat and accelerates their decomposition and movement towards the skin surface. This reduces the visibility of cellulite.
In addition to the breakdown of fat layers, LPG treatment stimulates the production of collagen and elastin and has an excellent effect on (micro) circulation and intercellular exchange of liquids in tissues and muscles.
The balance between the creation and elimination of fat in our body happens thanks to the cells for storing fat layers called adipocytes. Like most cells in our body, adipocytes slow down their activity over time, so there is a deposition of fat layers – cellulite.
During one LPG treatment, adipocytes (fat depots) are stimulated and natural deposition and release of accumulated fat layers is performed, and the mechanical action of the product on the skin increases its elasticity and firmness (tone).
After only 3-4 treatments, the body becomes thinner, slimmer, and fat layers disappear exactly from the places we wanted them to, 1 – 1.5″ (3-4 cm) around the waist, thighs, or buttocks. Individual LPG treatment lasts from 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the region being treated) and is similar to a “harder” massage.
To achieve the best results, users should drink 8 to 12 cups (2 to 3 liters) of liquid a day, so that the processes in the body, stimulated by this method, would take place efficiently and in the best possible way. During lipomassage (LPG treatment), users wear a special bodysuit or LPG suit that is breathable and light and allows deep massage and stimulation of tissues and cells, as well as an optimal comfort during the treatment.
LPG treatment is especially recommended for people who have undergone liposuction, in order to make the treated area look better and more natural.
LPG treatment, lipo massage or endermology began in France in the late 1980s (1986) and was primarily intended to remove the visibility of burn scars. Over time, the range of activities has expanded, so today it is used in sports, physical medicine, aesthetics, wellness, LPG centers, and beauty salons.
How Long Does LPG Treatment Last?
LPG treatment is carried out individually and is fully adapted to your needs, desires and condition of the body. The length of lipomassage is determined and adjusted according to the following needs:
- The area or part of the body being treated – whether the LPG treatment is applied to the whole body or partially.
- For what purposes is the LPG method used – tightening and firming the skin, elimination of fat tissue and cellulite or reshaping the body contours (reduction of the circumference of hips, waist)
- Accessibility and the condition of the area to which the LPG treatment is applied – we will not devote equal time to the elimination of cellulite from the stomach and, for example, the buttocks.
It takes 35 to 50 minutes to treat the whole body, and about 25 minutes to treat half the body. If only a certain part of the body is treated, the therapy time is shorter. The treatment seems very relaxing, especially if you use a suit because it reduces the feeling of tingling, and if you feel discomfort, the therapist reduces the force of pressure and suction, and can completely replace the program on the LPG machine and determine the one that suits you.
How Many LPG Treatments Should I Do to Get the Desired Results?
LPG therapists say, and the practice has shown, that it is necessary to perform a minimum of 10 treatments, while it would be ideal to do 15 to 20 lipomassages to get the desired look. It is recommended that you apply LPG treatment 2 to 3 times a week, and you will notice the first changes in the form of smooth skin and a reduction in waist circumference after 3-4 treatments.
Of course, there are cases where at the beginning of the LPG session, due to swelling, cellulite is more visible than usual, but as the swelling subsides, positive changes begin to be noticed.
To maintain optimal results and conditions after the LPG session, 1 to 2 LPG treatments per month are recommended for prevention. Of course, it is recommended to include the use of natural anti-cellulite creams and gels in everyday routine, which are also a great way to prevent the formation of new cellulite.
Anti-cellulite gels can be very effective. Some women got rid of cellulite only thanks to them.
LPG Machine – How It Works and Affects Cellulite Layers?
The LPG device that massages and sucks fat layers towards the skin surface is known as the Cellu M6 integral. This appliance consists of two parts:
- A handle / extension that has rotating rollers at its end with extensions in 14 different variants. In addition to the rollers, there is a probe that leans on the skin and works on the principle of creating a negative pressure or vacuum and its task is to suck fat layers from the deep layers to the surface of the connective tissue
- LPG computer on which therapists in LPG centers individually and depending on the type of LPG massage adjust the rolling speed of the rollers, direction of rolling, depth, and intensity of vacuum suction.
The LPG device is used over the LPG bodysuit, which gives you maximum relaxation and comfort and provides a superior feeling during the treatment. Due to the wide range of applicability, LPG treatments are used equally by the top athletes, celebrities and “ordinary” people, because LPG massage has a positive effect on soft tissues, stimulates intercellular metabolism and oxygen supply, regulates level of hormones and the work of nervous system.
The results are presented both scientifically and in practice. Proof of this is the fact that over 37,000 LPG appliances have been sold, and the statistics show that around 100,000 LPG treatments are performed daily in numerous beauty salons and LPG centers all over the world.
LPG Treatment – How Effective It Really Is?
LPG treatment, as a form of body shaping, is primarily aimed at eliminating and preventing cellulite. How effective will these treatments be and will they completely eliminate the traces of cellulite, i.e. fat layers, depends on the case. However, there are certain factors on the basis of which it is possible to predict the course and success of the treatment:
- Device Cellu M6 Integral – although the device was created in the 80s of the last century, by constantly improving and increasing the possibilities of rotating rollers, the success of the method itself increases.
- Frequency of treatment or “dosing” – one of the leading factors that determine when, how, and how much the (first) results will be seen.
- Training and skill of LPG therapist – if the person performing LPG treatment is professionally trained and has gone through the process of training to work on an LPG machine, then the results of the session are bigger and more noticeable because a good therapist can use a good combination of different techniques to get the fat layers from the deeper layers to the surface of the tissue. Tip for you: check if the person performing the lipomassage has a training certificate of LPG center.
- The client’s condition before the treatment – the “worse” your condition, the more noticeable the results of lipomassage are (it is easier to notice changes after LPG treatment in cellulite which is very noticeable).
- (Un) healthy way of life – in order for the treatments to be more effective, a certain commitment on our part is needed. It is necessary to exercise, eat healthily, and drink plenty of liquid. However, there are factors that, in addition to healthy living, affect the development of cellulite, and those are stress, hormones, sex, use of medicines, alcohol, and cigarettes.
Is LPG Treatment Used Only for Beautification?
The specificity, uniqueness and what distinguishes LPG treatment from other aesthetic methods is that lipomassage not only improves our appearance of the face and body but by eliminating fat tissue from our body in a natural and painless way, eliminates potential hotspots that can be a source of many acute and chronic vascular and nervous diseases.
Where is the LPG method, lipomassage or endermology applied?
Application of LPG Treatment in Sports
- Prevention of sports injuries (reduction of muscle tension and cramps)
- Preparation for competitions or exercises (such as muscle relaxation or stimulation)
- Improving existing capabilities (strength, mobility, movement technique)
- Treatment of sports injuries
LPG treatments have proven to be very effective and useful because it has been scientifically confirmed that lactic acid in muscles is reduced by 30% if LPG therapy is applied so that recovery of muscles and tissues after strenuous exercise or overload is accelerated, and as the swelling decreases, it is recommended as a part of therapy in recovery from various muscle and soft tissue injuries. If applied in combination with manual sports massages, the results are excellent.
The best confirmation of all said is Kiira Korpi, a multiple skating champion from Finland, who uses LPG as a part of her preparation for competitions.
LPG as a Type of Therapy and Treatment
The application of LPG treatment improves and accelerates the circulation, the oxygen supply is better (in that way nutrition and the creation of new tissue are enabled), metabolism is accelerated, swelling is reduced, as well as pain and muscle tension. Due to all the listed advantages, the LPG method is used in the following types of acute and chronic injuries and diseases:
- Soft tissue injuries (cramps, bruises, sprains, muscle twist and inflammation)
- Problems with poor circulation
- Swelling and burns
- Before and after liposuction
- Treatment of scars, especially those after surgery
- Stress and sleep disorders
In Finland, the use of the LPG method for therapeutic purposes is covered by compulsory social insurance.
LPG Treatment as a Part of Aesthetic Medicine
Lipomassage is among the leading non-invasive treatments in removing and reducing existing cellulite, or preventing the formation of fat layers and reshaping the contour of the body. Thanks to the system of operation of LPG devices, endermology is used in aesthetics in:
- Elimination of fat layers and cellulite
- Wrinkle removal, reduction and prevention
- Body contour shaping
- Firming sagging skin
- Reduction of swelling
- Skin whitening (lightening)
How Much Does LPG Treatment Cost?
This is the most common question asked after learning what LPG treatment is.
The fact is that a serious amount of money should be set aside for this type of treatment, but the final results you achieve speak for themselves. How many methods and treatments do you know, apart from LPG, that can remove your cellulite and reduce your waist circumference a few dress sizes, without feeling any pain? You will admit that when you set things up like this and look at everything from this point of view, then the money is a negligible and insignificant thing.
The price of LPG treatment depends and varies from salon to salon, from city to city because it takes into account both the standard of living and the purchasing power of clients in a particular area. However, there is an average:
- Individual (one) treatment amounts from $60 to $100
- A package of 10 treatments can be found for as little as $500 (the higher the number of treatments, the lower the amount per individual treatment)
- Permanent promotions and discounts offer a lower price of 50% to as much as 80% – since the summer and swimsuit season is already approaching, beauty salons offer permanent promotions that you can use to prepare your body for the next season, so with a little searching you can save money, and reduce the volume of your body, but not your wallet!
Disadvantages of LPG
So far, we have listed what the positive effects of LPG treatment are. However, we often wonder if this treatment has any harmful effects, and can it be bad for us?
As you know perfection does not exist, so this method also has its disadvantages, but when you get to know them (in the lines below), you will realize that these are minor things and that your health is not questioned at any time. LPG treatment should not be used by people suffering from serious, progressive chronic diseases, phlebitis (inflammation of the veins), people who have a severe circulatory disorder, pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Side effects that can occur during lipomassage are:
- Peeling and itching of the skin on the treated area – If you have extremely dry or sensitive skin, you may experience itching and peeling after the treatment because of the pressure that builds up due to the vacuum and rotating rollers. You will solve the problem by using some of the protective creams, as recommended by the therapist.
- Swelling of the area where the treatment was applied – Since this is a mechanical method, it is normal for certain parts of the body to swell, but this problem is solved and disappears within a few days, and the positive results remain.
- Results that are noticed after a long time – If you thought to get rid of cellulite in three days, then forget about this method. To achieve optimal results, it takes about 20 treatments, which means that you will be satisfied only after two and a half months if you go for treatment twice a week.
- The price of the treatment – This is perhaps the biggest disadvantage of the treatment because the whole treatment will cost you a lot. But beauty has no price, right ?! On the other hand, there is an alternative solution in the form of using anti cellulite massage, as a cheaper variant, with the use of various gels and creams, which contain only natural ingredients.
What Do Those Who Have Tried LPG Treatments Say?
The first thing that everyone immediately notices is smooth and soft skin, and the next thing is tighter skin, better tone, cellulite reduction, pants that fall off and suddenly become huge…
Of course, there are those who will notice almost no changes, but the success of LPG treatment is an individual matter because it depends on the specific case, the state of the organism, the presence of cellulite, and the region being treated.
Remember that success also depends on our willingness to change our diet, increase physical activity and water intake. Don’t forget that your dedication and determination to succeed in something is already half the job done and that the outer beauty comes from the one inside!