Have you heard of Zogan massage? It is said that this facial massage can help you look even a few years younger. Here’s how it is done.
Zogan massage is a Japanese method of face massage. If we are trying to look at a nation through the prism of stereotypes, then we can say all the best about the appearance of the Japanese and their health.
They look more or less young, and it is difficult to determine their age accurately. They have a healthy attitude towards their body, starting with a healthy diet, through regular physical activities (thai chi in the park under a tree full of cherry blossoms), and there is also an anti-wrinkle massage of the face – Zogan massage.
Why do wrinkles appear on the face at all?
How many wrinkles you will have on your face, and when they will appear, depends on many things. Above all, there are your life habits:
- Smoking. You have probably noticed that the skin of passionate smokers has a specific, dry, exhausted appearance and pores visible from afar. This kind of skin is more prone to so-called smoker’s wrinkles.
- Insufficient hydration. You need to drink enough water during the day! It is useful for weight loss, proper diet and health, and for beautiful skin. Dry skin is prone to wrinkles!
- Frequent facial movements – if you frown a lot (whether you are prone to frowning or because you can’t see well, so you frown while looking at some things) or you laugh a lot, you can get wrinkles. Well, unlike “frowners” or frown lines, “laughing” or “smile” wrinkles have their charm! These are the so-called mimic wrinkles.
- Sun exposure. Your skin needs sun to produce vitamin D, but without overdoing it. If you are in the sun without sunscreen, you are more likely to get sun wrinkles. Not to mention the solarium!
- Insufficient sleep and bad habit of not removing makeup before going to bed.
- Poor diet without enough fresh food, especially vitamin C! For a toned face, you need proper nutrition.
You must have come across various anti-wrinkle creams, anti-wrinkle face masks, and you may have gone for facial mesotherapy.
And what if we tell you that Zogan massage is equally effective?
What is a Zogan massage?
It is a facial massage that can help you fight wrinkles on time. But that is not all! This Japanese facial massage will help you get rid of dark circles and puffiness, and even your double chin. In other words, expensive creams are not something you should rush to right away. Employ your fingers first!
All your face needs for a better look is a Zogan massage that lasts 5-7 minutes.
What can an anti-wrinkle massage give you?
Zogan massage was introduced to the world by the Japanese beautician Yukuko Tanaka, so it is often called Tanaka massage. Like any massage, this one above all provides a pleasant feeling. It is useful, but at the same time it provides a relaxing feeling and real pleasure.
Of course, the pleasure is greater when you can completely relax and when someone else does the massage for you. However, truth be told, this kind of treatment would require much more than 5-7 minutes a day, and today no one has so much time.
We challenge you to do it yourself!
Zogan massage is a simple method for tightening face skin and facial rejuvenation that is easy to learn and apply. You will notice the best effects when you apply it regularly. And if you add an adequate natural treatment to that – you have the winning combination!
For facial rejuvenation, it is best to have a routine! Japanese facial massage is a good morning habit that you should incorporate into your life!
Zogan massage will help you accomplish the following using only your fingers:
- eliminate wrinkles
- restore skin elasticity
- get rid of dark circles and puffiness under eyes
- reduce the double chin
- form more beautiful facial contours.
To do all this with cosmetics, you need a few creams, face serums and a layer of makeup. This is quite reliable and natural cosmetics.
How is Zogan massage done?
LET’S MAKE A DEAL. TO SEE ALL THE BENEFITS OF ZOGAN MASSAGE, TRY TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS IMMEDIATELY AND WE PROMISE YOU WILL FEEL THE DIFFERENCE IMMEDIATELY. It takes more than one treatment to tighten and eliminate small wrinkles, and one treatment is enough to relax.
If you want to know how to tighten the face, then you need to know the basic movements of Zogan massage. For ease of understanding, we will break this process down into steps:
Step 1: Preparing the face for the massage
- Wash your face. This is the first and most necessary step. It is logical, because there is no point in massaging your face by smearing the remnants of last night’s make-up.
- Apply face oil. This oil lubricates your movements, so a facial anti-wrinkle massage will not be as unpleasant as if you would run your fingers over dry skin. In addition, face oil nourishes your skin with minerals and vitamins. Yukuko Tanaka recommends cottonseed oil, also called “golden oil” here. If you can’t find it, almond oil or some greasy face cream will also work great.
- Stimulate lymph flow. By pressing the fingertips, make a movement that goes from the part under the ears, through the jawbone and neck to the collarbone. Apply gentle pressure to the collarbone and hold for a moment. Do this with both hands and on both sides at the same time, and repeat three times. This is a basic move that is very important and that you will often repeat during the Zogan massage.
Step 2: Zogan forehead massage
This part of Tanaka massage helps to tighten the skin on the forehead and prevent wrinkles on this part of the face. Use both hands, this time three fingers.
The movement starts from the middle of the forehead, then pull the stroke to the temples. From there, the movement descends again down the jawbone and neck to the collarbone (the move that stimulates lymph flow). This movement is repeated three times.
Step 3: Zogan massage against puffy and dark under-eye circles
Eye massage is done with the middle finger and it is the next step.
- You start the move from the outside of the eye, continue below the eye, where the dark circles or bags are, and go to the inner corner of the eye.
- Then follow the move of the finger over the eyelid to the temple, and once again the move from the inner corner of the eye, over the under eyes to the temples.
- We return to that key step – from the temples, over the neck to the collarbone.
Repeat the whole thing 3-5 times. This part of the massage should reduce dark circles and puffy bags.
Step 4: Massage the area around the mouth and nose
Do you start to see “smile” wrinkles? Japanese facial massage can solve this problem with the next step of massaging the area around the mouth.
Use your both hands and fingertips to move from the tip of your chin, around your lips, and make your fingers meet in the area under your nose. Repeat this move three times.
After the mouth, go for a nose massage.
- Make circular movements around the tip of your nose with your fingers three times.
- Then massage the arch of the nose, starting from the root and down to the cheeks.
Repeat three times, and stretch the last move to the temples, then down the neck to the collarbone as the first time.
Step 5: Massage of the cheeks and face
This part has three groups of strokes: vertical, diagonal and horizontal. Their goal is to strengthen the muscles of this part of the face and eliminate wrinkles.
- You start the first move again from the top of the chin. Put your fingertips there and now go vertically, upwards, over your cheeks, pressing them lightly towards the area under your eyes. Hold for three seconds. Go to the temples again and repeat the first movement, which goes over the neck to the collarbone. Repeat three times.
- The second move goes diagonally upwards. Now the moves with the left and right hand are not symmetrical. Place your left palm on your left jawbone as if holding your head. With your right hand, cross the right cheek diagonally, over the cheekbone to the nose. Hold for three seconds, then go to the temple with your right hand only and lower the stroke to the collarbone. Do it three times, then repeat the same on the other side of the face.
- The third stroke is horizontal and starts under the eyes. By pressing with the tips of all your fingers, you make a light move from the arch of the nose, over the eyelids, to the temple, and from there you go to the collarbone. And you repeat this move three times.
Step 6: Correction of facial contours
This step is taken after the massage of the face and cheeks, and it should strengthen the tone of the facial muscles and prevent their sagging. Now do not use your fingers but the root of the palm, the part under the thumb.
- You start the first move from the chin. Place the root of your palm, i.e. the bottom of your thumbs, on your chin, and go up, pressing your cheeks as if you want to prevent them from sagging, which is what you are literally doing with this exercise. Repeat three times.
- The second move starts the same way, but goes towards the ears.
Each move ends at the temple and descends over the neck to the collarbone.
Step 7: Correction of the chin with Zogan massage
Zogan massage can reduce your double chin or prevent it from sagging. Here, too, the root of the palm is used for pressure on the face, i.e. the chin. The movement now begins under the chin and goes over the lower jawbone towards the ears.
Do it first with one hand, then with the other, literally as if trying to stretch your chin towards your ears. If you have a pronounced chin, repeat 5-7 times.
Finish this part by tightening the muscles of the whole face. Put your palms around your mouth and nose, so that the tips of your fingers join at the root of your nose, while your thumbs are on your chin, just like when you want to call someone who is far away!
Now make a move of the whole palms (which now rest on the face with the index finger) over the whole face, to the temples, while the thumbs make a move over the chin. As if you want to tighten the skin on your face in this way.
Step 8: Eliminating small wrinkles on the forehead
This is the last step in Zogan massage. With the tips of the fingers of one hand, make movements up and down over the forehead, as if ironing wrinkles on the forehead.
Finish the massage by placing both hands in the middle of the forehead, lowering the stroke towards the temples and continuing lower towards the collarbone. Repeat this last move three times.
Zogan massage – experiences
Japanese facial massage or Zogan massage has proven to be an easy and inexpensive way to correct most imperfections on your face.
It stimulates the blood supply to that part of the body, so the face immediately gets a livelier tone and appearance, it becomes better supplied with nutrients and oxygen that it needs to get through the bloodstream.
Zogan massage is nothing but tightening the face and reducing or eliminating wrinkles with your fingers. It only helps you not to do it randomly, but in a specific order, without skipping any region.
This anti-wrinkle massage is a kind of exercise that will teach you how to tighten your face, but it is also a lymphatic drainage facial massage.
Why is it important?
Beneath our skin and around all our organs, there is a whole network of lymph vessels through which lymph fluid circulates. It is not pumped by the heart and sometimes a stimulus is needed to get it moving.
Lymphatic stagnation in the body, as well as in the face, leads to the retention of toxins. As a result, facial skin wrinkles and decays faster.
A big number of the lymph nodes is located on the face, around the nose and eyes, behind and under the ears, under the chin and on the collarbone.
In fact, there are whole chains of lymph nodes and by pressing on these points you are actually stimulating its movement. Hence, the movement that is constantly repeated is very important, and it actually stimulates the flow of the lymph – from the temples, over the bottom of the ears and neck to the collarbone. This encourages facial detoxification.
Lymphatic drainage facial anti-wrinkle massage can therefore do much more than anti-wrinkle creams. Of course, creams also have a role to play. They add essential minerals, collagen, hyaluronic acid, elastin to the facial skin and hydrate the skin.
The best way to get all the benefits of Zogan massage is to do it with some oil or oily cream nourishing for the skin. Then you stimulate the blood flow, lymph flow, tighten facial muscles, eliminate pores and nourish the skin at the same time.
Experience shows that anti-wrinkle facial massage gives the first visible results after only two weeks, especially if your wrinkles are not yet pronounced and very visible, such as wrinkles around the eyes. Don’t even let them be. This is a great preventative measure!
What is certain is that you will see a change in the freshness of your appearance. The under eye bags will be less swollen, because there is no lymph stagnation, and the skin will be softer and smoother – partly due to the massage, partly due to the fact that you provide it with daily care.
And that is not all! Many women claim that this anti-wrinkle massage not only made their facial rejuvenation easier, but they also got rid of their frequent headaches.
Are there any negative experiences with Zogan massage?
Some negative experiences have occurred in people who have already had pronounced wrinkles around the mouth in the sense that they have become more visible. However, these are very rare cases. Of course, it is best when Zogan massage becomes a means of prevention, not a cure.
Anti-wrinkle facial massage is not recommended for people who have a disease of the lymphatic system, skin diseases, and you should avoid it even when you have a cold and a runny nose.
Zogan massage will surely be pleasant to your face, especially if we keep in mind that it is consciously covered with layers of makeup. Your face will immediately look fresher, more relaxed and less swollen.
So why not try turning a simple face cream application into a seven-minute anti-wrinkle massage? Get rid of dark circles right in the morning and start the day with a completely different face, fresh and happy with yourself!